Week 1; Days 2 and 3

Day Off:
Tuesday was a rest day.  The current plan is 4 days of lifting and no cardio.  Eventually I may add in some cardio, but I believe cardio is a tool to be used as much or as little as needed to reach your goals. In other words, I never just randomly do a cardio session.  Every workout has a purpose.

Rest day diet:
I'm still tweaking what I want to do on my rest day nutritionally.
Today I stayed away from all high energy carbs (no training).  My diet looked like this:
meal 1: 2 scoop BLN COMPLETE, 2 BLN OMEGA-3
meal 2: 3 egg, vegetable omelet, 1 scoop BLN COMPLETE
meal 3: 2 scoop BLN COMPLETE, 1 apple
meal 4: Huge multi vegetable salad with FLAX OIL and turkey + a few carrots and hummus. CLA
meal 5: 2 scoops BLN COMPLETE with frozen berries
meal 6: An awesome chicken, riced cauliflower thing my wife made
Meal 7: 2 scoops BLN COMPLETE

This went pretty well so I'll probably do the same thing on Thursday

Wednesday: Back Training
Back day is still tough.  The pulling exercises don't feel as comfortable, so I stayed very light!
Pulldowns
BB Rows
Cable Rows
Deadlifts
Shrugs
2 x 8-10 on all exercises.

Comments

  1. Can you say more about "cardio is a tool to be used as much or as little as needed to reach your goals." I understand the basics about fat loss etc. How and when do you adjust? I suppose that will unfold as you make progress? I do three cardios a week but I recognize that it's rote. I've added a bootcamp because I like the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great question. I look at cardio mostly as a tool to lose bodyfat. That being said, I do believe that just about everyone would benefit from a few cardio sessions per week, for overall health as well as recovery between weight training workouts. Given the current situation I am in (losing 10 pounds in 6 weeks due to surgery), I don't believe cardio would be too helpful.
      I also believe that far too many people perform WAY too much cardio. I think too often cardio is used a too to offset poor eating. It doesn't work that way. Often times, instead of coming in for more cardio, people would be better off preparing their meals

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Week 1 days 4 and 5

Week 2; Wednesday